
Indonesian Island Paradise: Unbelievable Royal Suite 38th Floor Views!
Okay, Buckle Up Buttercups, 'Cause This Indonesian Island Paradise Review Is Gonna Be a Ride! (Royal Suite Edition)
Alright, alright, alright! So, you're thinking about Indonesian Island Paradise, huh? Specifically, that Unbelievable Royal Suite 38th Floor Views thing? You’ve come to the right place, my friend. Forget your glossy brochures and staged photos; I'm giving you the real, uncensored me after my stay. Let's DO this.
Accessibility: (The Good, the… Less Good)
Okay, first things first. Let's talk accessibility because hey, it matters. The elevator situation? Solid. You will get to the 38th floor. That's a win since you're going for the view! Now, the website says "facilities for disabled guests." I saw ramps, but I honestly didn't spend a ton of time deep-diving into the finer details of wheelchair accessibility. It's worth double-checking before you book if that's a major concern. I do remember seeing a ramp to the main restaurant which I think it's a major plus.
Cleanliness & Safety: (More Than Just Hand Sanitizer)
This is where Indonesian Island Paradise shines. Seriously. Post-pandemic, hygiene is on everyone's mind, and they’ve clearly taken it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Double check! They've got the sanitizing thing down. And thank goodness! I'm a clean freak, and the suite itself was spotless. Rooms sanitized between stays? You betcha. And hand sanitizer? Everywhere. Like, literally, everywhere.
Safety Features: Fire extinguishers everywhere (a comforting, if a bit boring detail). Smoke alarms, 24-hour security – the works. This stuff is important, and it makes you feel safe.
Internet, Internet, Internet! (Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms - Hallelujah!)
Okay, this is HUGE. Let's be honest, in the age of Instagram and streaming, internet is essential. And let me tell you, the Wi-Fi situation was a blessing. Free, fast, reliable Wi-Fi in the Royal Suite? Yes, please! I even did a video call, which surprised me. I did play a bit of games on my phone and the connection was perfectly fine! I could have also used the LAN connection for my laptop but I never had the time (or reason).
The Royal Suite – Let’s Talk Room Stuff, Baby! (And OMG, That View!)
Alright, the pièce de résistance: the Royal Suite. This is where the "unbelievable" in "Unbelievable Royal Suite 38th Floor Views" really kicks in. My reaction? Jaw. On. The. Floor.
- The View: Seriously, the view is breathtaking. You’re up high. It’s panoramic. During the day, the vibrant city sprawls below, a tapestry of buildings. At night, it’s a glittering galaxy of lights. I spent (no exaggeration) a solid hour just staring out the window. I may have even shed a tear or two. Don't judge me!
- The Room Itself: Let's run through the specifics shall we? Air conditioning (phew!), blackout curtains (essential for sleeping in), a massive king bed (comfy!), a mini bar (stocked with the good stuff, of course), a separate shower and bathtub (because why wouldn't you want both?), and a seating area (perfect for sipping that complimentary tea). Bathroom phone?? Okay that's a little weird and old fashioned but hey, you could call room service from the toilet. The TV had a ton of channels, and on-demand movies were there as well. There's an in-room safe too for your valuables.
- Extra Touches: The bathrobe was plush, the slippers were comfy, and the complimentary bottled water was a godsend in the heat. They even give you fresh coffee and tea supplies.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: (Food, Glorious Food!)
- Restaurants: Several options, mostly in the lobby area. Asian breakfast was available. The buffet in the restaurant was pretty tasty and if for some reason you don't want to get up for breakfast, you can get a Breakfast in room (bonus!).
- Room Service: Available 24 hours – which is dangerous for late-night snackers like me. I may or may not have ordered fries at 2 AM. No regrets.
- Poolside Bar: Perfect for cocktails and people-watching. "Happy hour" did, in fact, make me very happy.
- Coffee shop: You know, for your caffeine fix.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: (Spa Day? Yes, Please!)
- Pool? Absolutely. An outdoor pool, and the view from the pool is pretty amazing, not a bad spot to chill.
- Spa/Sauna: They had a spa, and it was lovely. I indulged in a massage (ahhhhhh), and the sauna was… well, hot. But in a good way!
- Fitness Center: Didn't use it. I’m on vacation. But it looked like your standard hotel gym.
- Other: They had a terrace, which was nice for a quick breath of fresh air.
Services & Conveniences: (Making Life Easier)
- Concierge: These were amazing! They helped me with everything.
- Daily Housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry: Essential for travel.
- Elevator: Reached the 38th floor.
- Currency Exchange: Convenient.
- Gift Shop: For souvenirs (or last-minute gifts for yourself).
- Airport Transfer: Easy peasy.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities: They catered to group events, though I didn't use this.
Getting Around:
The hotel offered a car park which was free of charge. It was a good option for getting around especially if you have a rental car.
For the Kids:
There were facilities that seemed kid-friendly. I'm not a parent, so I can't give you a deep dive.
The Imperfections:
No place is perfect, right? There was one minor hiccup with the AC in the gym, but they fixed it quickly. Also the food at one of the restaurants was a little bland. I guess I'm a picky eater.
Overall Impression & My Recommendation!
Overall, I had an amazing time at Indonesian Island Paradise, especially in the Royal Suite. The views alone are worth the price of admission. The staff was super friendly and helpful, the amenities were top-notch, and the cleanliness gave me peace of mind.
My Recommendation?
BOOK IT. Seriously. If you're looking for a luxurious escape with a view that will knock your socks off, this is your place. The Royal Suite is a splurge, but it's worth it for that "wow" factor alone. The hotel itself is great, but that suite… chef's kiss.
SEO-Friendly Keywords:
- Indonesian Island Paradise
- Royal Suite
- 38th Floor Views
- Luxury Hotel in Indonesia
- Hotel with a View
- Spa in Indonesia
- Swimming Pool with a View
- Clean Hotel
- Free Wifi
- Accessible Hotel
- Best Hotels Indonesia
Let's get you booked, my friend. You won't regret it!
Escape to Italy: Your Dream Stay Awaits at Castel Maggiore's Hidden Gem B&B
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary is less "polished travel brochure" and more "slightly unhinged travel diary written in a Batam humidity-induced haze." This is for Royal Suites Studio 38th - Citra Plaza Nagoya, Batam Island, Indonesia. Consider yourselves warned.
Day 1: Arrival, Air Conditioning Bliss (and Existential Dread)
14:00 (ish) Singapore Changi Airport to Batam Ferry Terminal: Okay, first of all, Changi is ridiculously efficient. Feels almost… sterile? Like, where's the glorious chaos I thrive in? Anyway, the ferry was thankfully less sterile, albeit a bit… bumpy. I’m pretty sure I saw a toddler hurl his entire lunch. Good times.
16:00 (ish): Citra Plaza Nagoya – Taxi! And negotiations. Oh, the sweet, sweet dance of bartering. Got ripped off a bit, I'm sure, but hey, I'm contributing to the local economy (and feeling a little guilty about not knowing more Bahasa Indonesia).
16:30 (ish) – Check into Royal Suites, 38th Floor: Holy. Freaking. Moly. The view. Seriously. It’s… well, it’s stunning. Okay, it's not the most stunning view I've ever seen (I'm a critical traveler!), but the initial impact is undeniable. This whole place feels like a movie set made for a James Bond villain. The air conditioning is a literal miracle. I hugged the thermostat and whispered sweet nothings. It's 3 PM and I am already questioning my life choices.
17:00 – Explore the Studio: The studio itself is… fine. Clean-ish (some questionable stains on the sofa, which I've decided to ignore), plenty of space, and thankfully, the shower works. That's always a win. I'm already plotting my escape from the oppressive hotel room vibe. I need to get out. My brain is slowly losing its oxygen.
18:00 – Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant (the "safe" option): Ugh. Hotel restaurants. Always a gamble. The food was… edible. I ordered nasi goreng (obviously), because, hey, it's Indonesia. It was bland. I'm mildly disappointed. But the view from the restaurant is good. I watch the city lights twinkling below, and I start feeling a whole lot less like an abandoned astronaut. The company of waiters is very… attentive. I'm pretty sure one of them is judging my chopstick skills. (He's right.)
19:00 – A Dip in the Pool (and a Near-Disaster): Okay, the pool is pretty. I decided to live on the wild side. But. There was. A. Gecko. A huge, green, wall-crawling thing. I screamed. A lot. The staff looked at me like I was a crazy person. I blame the gecko. And the humidity. And the general sense of being completely out of my element. I finally recovered. I swam for a whole 10 minutes.
20:00 – Back to the Room: I'M. EXHAUSTED. I think jetlag is kicking in. Or maybe it's the sheer sensory overload of a new country, new city, every single thing is new. I'm already anticipating the morning and all the possibilities it holds.
Day 2: Nagoya Extravaganza (and Possibly Regret)
08:00 – Wake up: Actually awake, or more like, I unglue myself from the sheets in my room. The hotel breakfast! I will brave the breakfast buffet. It's probably a culinary crime scene, but I must. Fuel my adventures!
09:00 - Batam City Square: This is where I would spend a couple of hours. I am here, I will spend my money. I walked around. I ate some unknown food (that tasted delicious, by the way). I also spent more than I should have. I'm addicted to this place.
11:00 – Spa Time (Finally some Peace and Quiet): This is what I need. I had a massage. They even did the thing where they walk on your back. I was a human noodle by the time they were done. It was absolute bliss. I might have drifted off a little. Or a lot. I'm blaming the humidity for that one.
13:00 – Lunch (a Food Stall Adventure): Forget the hotel restaurant. Today is for street food. I found a little place with a bunch of locals and pointed at things. The food was amazing. Spicy, flavorful, cheap as anything. I have no idea what I ate, but I'd eat it again in a heartbeat. This is why I travel. This is the experience.
15:00 - Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall: I hate malls. But everyone said I had to go. It's supposed to be "the place to be". Fine. I’ll go. It was chaotic, overwhelming, and filled with things I don't need. I bought a t-shirt. Regret.
17:00 – Return to the Hotel, Hide in the Room: Honestly, I'm done with people. And shopping. I'm going to hide in the air conditioning, drink some bottled water, and recharge.
19:00 - Dinner and Sunset from a Rooftop Bar (if I can find one): This is my plan. I found a rooftop bar online. Fingers crossed it's not a dive. I need a good sunset and a cocktail. Or maybe two. I need a drink. (Rambles and Emotional Reactions) After that? Probably collapse and weep. This is exhausting in the best possible way. But right now? I’m full of both excitement and fear. I'm a little scared, actually. Scared that I won't find the best food. Scared that the humidity is gonna get me. But the excitement! I might just find the very best food. I might just thrive in the humidity.
Day 3: The Beach (And a Potential Meltdown)
09:00 - Travel to a Beach (Tanjung Bemban, maybe?): The hotel staff recommends a place. It’s supposedly beautiful, with white sand and clear water. I’ve got my sunscreen, my hat, my questionable swimwear. Wish me luck. I am ready for the sun and sand. I shall conquer the beach. Now, to navigate the taxi situation…
11:00 – Beach Time: Sun, sea, sand. It was heavenly. Until I realized I'd forgotten my book. (The horror!) And then, the sand…it's everywhere. In my hair, in my shoes, in places I definitely don't want it. Still, lying on the warm sand is a great feeling and I really needed it.
13:00 - Indonesian Seafood Lunch: Okay, so much food! And it was fresh and delicious. I may have overeaten. I am pretty sure a crab almost bit my finger.
14:00 - Back to Nagoya: Back.
15:00 - In the Studio: The room. The air condition. The bliss.
The rest of Day 3: A blur of naps, last-minute souvenir shopping (probably more overpriced stuff), and a quiet dinner, probably in the hotel again.
Day 4: Departure (and a Promise to Return)
- Early flight. I need to get back to Singapore. And back to real life.
Final Thoughts: Batam. Chaotic. Exhilarating. Overwhelming. I will need time to process this. I've loved this trip. I will come back for the food, the humidity, the people, and the unexpected adventure.
Escape to Paradise: Stunning Nieuwpoort-Bad Sea View Apartment!
Indonesian Island Paradise: Royal Suite – Let's Get Real About That View! (And Everything Else...)
Okay, spill the tea. Is that view from the 38th floor Royal Suite REALLY as unbelievable as the brochure says?
Alright, buckle up, because the answer is... complicated. YES. And also, kinda...No? The view? Oh. My. God. You walk in, and BAM! The whole island, the turquoise water, the volcanoes practically breathing smoke in the distance… it *is* breathtaking. Like, I actually gasped. Not a dignified air-kiss-and-nod gasp either, more of a "WHOA!" kind of gasp that made my (very attractive) travel companion do a double-take.
Now the "complicated" part. See, that breathtaking view? It's also juxtaposed against the fact that your ridiculously fancy king-sized bed looks *exactly* like a giant marshmallow. And after the first two hours, you've taken like a hundred pictures, and you start thinking, ‘Okay, now what?'. Because, let's be honest, you *are* paying for the damn view… you gotta experience it beyond just staring. And the mini-bar? Empty after one day. Ugh.
Speaking of paying… Was the Royal Suite worth the ridiculous price tag? Be honest!
Oof, that's a loaded question. Okay, deep breaths. Here's the thing: if you’re ballin', like, "spend-more-than-my-car-on-a-weekend" ballin', then SURE. Go for it! Live your best life. You’ll probably forget about the sticker shock after the first sunset from that balcony.
But for the rest of us… (and that includes *me*)... look, you can get a really nice room with a *stellar* view a few floors down for a *fraction* of the price. And let's be real, you're probably going to spend most of your time *outside* the suite anyway, exploring the island, getting massages that cost less than a cup of coffee from the hotel lobby. I think that's the thing. I went *once*. I'll never forget it. But I'm not sure I could justify it again anytime soon.
What about the "Butler Service"? Was it as fancy as it sounds? Did they actually, like, fold your underwear? (Asking for a friend… probably.)
The Butler Service… now *that* was an experience. Okay, yes, they folded the underwear. No, I did not ask them to. The first morning, I came out of the bathroom, and they were *there*. Politely arranging my *used* (ahem) pajamas in a neat little pile on the bed. I nearly choked on my perfectly-brewed (courtesy of the butler) coffee. Talk about awkward!
But really, they were super helpful. They got us reservations, organized our excursions, even remembered my annoying coffee order. But the underwear thing… still haunts me. I mean, it's *nice*, but a little… overwhelming. I think I'd rather have someone cook the coffee and *not* know my laundry habits, to be honest.
Okay, beyond the view and the butler, what are the actual amenities *in* the Royal Suite? We're talking specifics!
Alright, let’s break it down. The basics? Huge bed (marshmallow, remember?). Massive bathroom with, like, *three* sinks (because you clearly need that many). A soaking tub big enough for a small family of orangutans. A separate living room that's gorgeous but mostly unused. Giant flat-screen TVs everywhere – I swear, I think there was one in the *toilet*.
Then you get into the "fancy" stuff. Private balcony the size of a small apartment. A "state-of-the-art" sound system (which I mostly used to blast cheesy 80s pop). A fully stocked… okay, let's be honest, a *mostly* stocked mini-bar (they replenish it, eventually...). And some kind of aromatherapy thing in the bathroom that smelled suspiciously like… potpourri. And the fruit basket, don't mention the fruit basket. Look I like a good fruit basket, but it's still just fruit. I feel like maybe they were trying too hard, you know?
What about the restaurants in the resort? Were they worth the hype (and the probably-exorbitant prices)?
Here’s the deal with resort restaurants: they're usually really, *really* good, and hideously expensive. The Indonesian restaurant? Incredible. The seafood? Fresh, flavorful, and probably caught that morning. The cocktails? STRONG. Did I spend way too much money indulging? Absolutely. Did I regret it? Maybe a little when the credit card bill came.
Pro-tip: venture outside of the resort! You’ll find incredible, authentic Indonesian food for a fraction of the price, and you'll experience a totally different side of the island. That little warung (local eatery) down the road with the questionable hygiene standards? Best. Noodles. Ever. And I have a feeling the Royal suite’s butler would NOT approve. But it's life, innit? Messy, imperfect, and with delicious, possibly unsafe food.
Okay, the big question: Did you actually *enjoy* your time in the Royal Suite? Was it a dream, or a slightly-overpriced letdown?
Look, let's be real. I *loved* it. I was *in awe.* I mean, that view… I'm still dreaming about it. The butler was a lifesaver (even if the underwear thing…ugh). Being pampered is fun, alright?!
But would I spend my own money on it again? Probably not. The truth is, for me, the magic of a vacation isn't necessarily about the luxury. It’s about connecting with the place, experiencing the culture, and making memories. While the suite *provided* a nice place to connect with the place, it was also really isolating. I'm not saying it was a waste. But it was an experience, not a *destination*. So, yeah… Amazing. Overpriced. Worth it? Maybe. Would I do it again? Absolutely not if I'm the one footing the bill. I'm going to go eat some delicious, very non-butler-approved noodles now and look at some slightly-less-dramatic photos of the trip. And plan my next adventure, which will hopefully not involve a butler and a mountain of folded underwear. Wish me luck!

