
Batam Island Paradise: Royal Suites Studio 17th - Unbelievable Citra Plaza Views!
Alright, buckle up, because we're about to dive headfirst into the slightly chaotic, utterly human experience that is reviewing the "Batam Island Paradise: Royal Suites Studio 17th - Unbelievable Citra Plaza Views!" Sounds fancy, right? Well, let's see if it delivers on that promise.
First Impressions & The "Unbelievable Citra Plaza Views" (and my sanity):
Okay, unbelievable might be a slight exaggeration. Let's be honest, marketing folks. Citra Plaza is… Citra Plaza. But the view from the 17th floor? Yeah, that's pretty darn good. I mean, it's not the Eiffel Tower, but it's Batam, and it's definitely a step up from staring at a blank wall. The first thing I did was stand there, slack-jawed, just taking it in. Not exactly a life-altering moment, but hey, it beats scrolling through Instagram.
Accessibility: Can You Get Here? And Get Around?
Now, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I always appreciate a place that thinks about accessibility. The website says "Facilities for disabled guests"… and honestly, I didn't personally investigate to see if they had the accessible features. But the elevator? Essential. I'm not walking up 17 floors. And I did see a ramp at the entrance… so points for trying!
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, We're Living in a Post-Pandemic World…ish):
This is BIG for me. Like, huge. Especially after… well, after everything. The little things matter. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Staff with masks? Check. I noticed signs about "Daily disinfection in common areas," which, honestly, makes me feel a little better even if I don't see it happen. "Anti-viral cleaning products"? Okay, that sounds fancy. I'd trust them. Plus, you can opt out of room sanitization? Bravo! (I'm a little bit of a germaphobe).
The Room Itself (The Studio, Your Castle):
Alright, the "Royal Suites Studio." Ambitious. It's a studio, so let's not get carried away, but it IS fairly spacious. I wouldn't say it was spacious – you’ve gotta pack light. The "Seating area" was a small couch. The bed? Comfortable enough. The "Extra long bed"? I'm not exactly a giant, so I couldn't confirm. The "Blackout curtains" were a godsend. (Jet lag is a beast).
- What was great?: The window that opens! Fresh air? In this day and age? A rare treat! The "Complimentary tea" was welcome. Free Wi-Fi in the room? Score!
- What could be better?: The "Mirror" seemed a little…distant. Also, the "Additional toilet" wasn't exactly there! (Maybe a typo?) No, I'm just kidding! I think it was just the regular toilet.
- The bathroom: Okay, the separate shower/bathtub was nice. The "Bathrobes" made me feel slightly more luxurious than I actually am. "Toiletries"? Standard stuff, but hey, I always forget to pack conditioner.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Perks):
- The elevator: Essential, as previously mentioned.
- 24-hour Front Desk: Always a plus! I'm a night owl and I often needed the concierge.
- Daily housekeeping: My room was always immaculate when I got back, so excellent job on that one.
- Laundry Service: Necessary. Because, again, I did not pack light.
- Room Service (24 hours): This is where it really shines. Late-night noodles after a long day? Yes, please! But I heard the "breakfast in room" could be a bit expensive.
- Internet, Internet, Internet: "Wi-Fi [free]" in the room and public areas? Good. "Internet access – wireless" in the room? Also good! I'm running a business while I was there!
- Cash withdrawal: Helpful, especially if you are a bit of a spendthrift like me.
- Concierge: They told me where I could find the best spicy food. Wonderful.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Fueling the Adventure):
- The Restaurant Variety: There were "Restaurants," plural, but I honestly only ate at the one.
- The Food: The "Asian cuisine" was good. A little bit spicy for me. I did not see the "Vegetarian restaurant".
- Breakfast [Buffet]: Standard buffet fare, but the "coffee/tea in restaurant" was a lifesaver. The "Western breakfast" was meh.
- Poolside bar: I made use of it; was excellent!
- "Happy hour?" Well, that's always a good thing!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Because You're on Vacation, Right?):
- The Swimming Pool: Yes, an "outdoor swimming pool." It wasn't Olympic-sized, but it had a "Pool with view." And, you know, you could swim.
- Fitness Center: I’m not a gym rat, but it looked adequately equipped. Though I still ended up just swimming in the pool.
- The Spa? I wish I had tried the spa! But I just didn't have the time.
- The Sauna: I'm not familiar with it.
For the Kids (If You Have 'Em):
- Family/child friendly: Seemed to cater to families.
- Babysitting service: Good to know if you need it.
Getting Around (Because Batam is Bigger Than You Think):
- Car park [free of charge]: Parking was easy. Also, "car park [on-site]".
- Taxi service: Available.
- Airport transfer: Makes life easy.
My Epic "OMG, I Need This Right Now" Moment:
Okay, here's my story. One evening, I was absolutely exhausted. I'd been running around all day, trying to squeeze in as much as possible. I was on the verge of a meltdown. So, I ordered room service. And it was perfect. A hot, delicious meal (can't remember what it was, but it was edible) arrived quickly, and I could just collapse on the couch, watch some bad TV, and completely unwind. It was, like, the perfect moment of pure relaxation.
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Life Isn't Always Instagram-Worthy):
- "The View" Reality Check: Again, the Citra Plaza view is OK. Don't go expecting Niagara Falls.
- Soundproof Rooms? I did hear some noise from the hallway, but it's not terrible.
- The Price Tag: This is a decent place, but probably not ultra budget-friendly.
My Final Verdict and a Compelling Offer!
Batam Island Paradise: Royal Suites Studio 17th offers a solid, comfortable stay with some good perks and a surprisingly decent view. It's not flawless, but it's a definite step up from a budget motel.
So, here's my offer for you:
Tired of Ordinary? Escape to Batam Island Paradise and Experience Unforgettable Views!
Book your Royal Suites Studio on the 17th floor NOW and receive:
- A FREE welcome drink at the poolside bar (because you deserve it!)
- Guaranteed room upgrade (when available) for those extra-special views!
- 15% discount on your first spa treatment (because you need to relax!)
Click here to book and claim your oasis of calm with a view! Don't settle for boring. Treat yourself to Batam Island Paradise – you won't regret it. (Or, you know, you might. But probably not.)
Fischer Heiligenhafen 4b: Your Dream Heiligenhafen Getaway Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary is about as polished as a Batam back alley after a Friday night karaoke session. We're going to Royal Suites Studio 17th - Citra Plaza Nagoya, Batam Island, Indonesia. And let me tell you, I'm more excited about this trip than I am about… well, anything right now. Let's dive in!
Day 1: Arrival & Reality Checks (aka Jet Lag & Questionable Noodles)
- Morning (Before noon, because who can actually wake up before then on vacation?): Touchdown in Batam! I'm picturing myself gliding out of the airport looking effortlessly chic, but the reality is probably going to be a sweaty mess of tangled hair and bewildered expressions. Praying my luggage makes it. Praying the luggage matches after all those connecting flights.
- Afternoon: Okay, so the transfer from the airport felt like something out of a low-budget action movie. The driver, bless his heart, kept muttering something about "macet" (traffic) and zigzagging through what I think were roads. Finally, we arrive! Royal Suites Studio 17th – here we go. Did I mention I booked this with about two hours of sleep and mostly wine-fueled bravado? Fingers crossed the place is actually… real.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Check-in done! The room is… surprisingly decent. A bit of a "seen better days" vibe in places, but hey, clean sheets are clean sheets. Time to explore the area! Immediately find a local eatery. The noodles, oh the noodles. They were… an experience. Let's just say my stomach is currently staging a minor protest, but hey, it's all part of the adventure, right? Also, the street vendors? The smell of the food is intoxicating. The heat? Intoxicating in a more unpleasant way.
- Evening (Post-Noodle Disaster): Collapse in bed. Staring at the ceiling. Reflecting, deeply, on whether I'll ever learn to pack light again. Contemplating if I should order more noodles. Nah. Tomorrow, I think, will be all about fresh air and maybe a little less carb-loading.
Day 2: Culture Shock & Shopping Spree (plus a little bit of sweating)
- Morning: Wake up to the sounds of… everything. Mopeds, singing birds, and a faint but persistent smell of… well, it's a smell. Breakfast? Oh, that's right, the hotel offers breakfast. Let's hope it's better than last night's noodles. (Spoiler alert: it was.)
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall! This is where the real fun begins. The place is a sensory overload in the best possible way. Everything from designer handbags (that I can't afford) to stacks of knock-off DVDs (that I definitely can't afford and am therefore very tempted by). People-watching is an Olympic sport here. The chaos is both thrilling and… exhausting. So much to see, so many things I can't buy.
- Afternoon: More Shopping! I accidentally bargained my way into buying a… let's call it a "decorative item" made of brightly colored fabric. I'm not sure what it's for, but the vendor seemed very enthusiastic about me owning it. I'm now wondering frantically where I'll put it in my house. Sunscreen? Used it. The heat has me melting.
- Evening: After walking around and shopping to my heart's content, my stomach hurts. Thinking of more food, but I'm currently trying to recover from the shopping spree.
Day 3: Beach Bummin’ & Bad Decisions (and the importance of mosquito repellent)
- Morning: Finally got my act together enough to hit a beach! The promise of sunshine, sand, and actual relaxation beckons. Booked a day trip to one of the nearby islands. I chose one that promised turquoise waters and white sand, which also means I'm probably going to spend the next few hours being attacked by relentless mosquitoes.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: The boat ride was… well, it was a boat ride. Let's leave it at that. The beach, however, was stunning. The water was clear, blue, and surprisingly calm. Spent the next few hours wading, sunbathing, and trying to remember why I ever thought it was a good idea to wear a swimsuit. (I'm definitely a "t-shirt and shorts" kind of person on the beach.)
- Afternoon: Sunburn is real. And a little bit more of the beauty will be enjoyed. Oh, and the mosquitoes. They absolutely found me. Should have brought more spray.
- Evening: This evening, I'm taking it easy. I can feel the sting of the mosquito bites. The sunburn will be worse tomorrow.
Day 4: Cultural Immersion (and the inevitable "what have I gotten myself into?" moment)
- Morning: Today, I decided to embrace the culture. Found a local tour that promised a glimpse into the "real" Batam. This morning, I'm regretting my decision. The tour guide loves talking.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: So, so much history. So many temples. So many opportunities to sweat. I'm starting to question my life choices. I'm also starting to realize that I have absolutely no sense of direction, and I could probably get lost in a telephone booth. The food on the tour was… interesting. Let's say I'm glad I packed some emergency snacks.
- Afternoon: Finished the tour, and I'm ready for a nap! The guide, though nice, was very talkative. I'm also realizing I haven't showered since the beach. Gross.
- Evening: Decide on a nice meal. Maybe relax from the day and the overabundance of information.
Day 5: Parting Shots & Departure (and the bittersweet realization that this is all ending)
- Morning: One last walk around the area. One last attempt to find that perfect souvenir (I still don't know what to get. Or rather, I still don't know what to get myself.) The thought of leaving is both a relief and a pang of sadness. I'm ready to go home, but I'm also going to miss the… weirdness.
- Afternoon: Okay, time to check out. Packing is a nightmare. I'm pretty sure my luggage is going to be overweight. This time, I will never pack so much.
- Evening: Head to the airport. The whole flight will be filled with the thought of where I can go next.
- Night: Getting on the plane. Goodbye, Batam! Until next time, you wonderfully chaotic, surprisingly beautiful island.

Batam Island Paradise: Royal Suites Studio 17th Floor - Citra Plaza Views! (Honestly, What's the Buzz?)
Okay, Spill the Beans. Is This Place Actually "Paradise"?
Paradise? Hold your horses. Let's be real. Batam is... well, it's Batam. It's like, a solid 6/10 on the paradise scale. The Royal Suites? The 17th floor? That part *can* feel paradisiacal... when the AC is working. More on that later. I went in expecting pristine beaches and maybe, just *maybe*, a local offering a fruity cocktail with a tiny umbrella. What I got was... well, an experience. It had its highs (the view, *wow*), and its lows (that aforementioned AC… and the traffic, oh god, the traffic!).
Honestly, the "paradise" part is mostly in the marketing. But the view from the 17th? That's the real deal. You feel like you're floating. Before the electricity grid decides to do a power nap, that is. More on that later, too...
The View! They Keep Going On About the View! Seriously, is it THAT good?
The view. Okay, deep breaths. The view... is magnificent. You're looking out over Citra Plaza. Now, Citra Plaza itself isn’t exactly the Eiffel Tower. But from 17 floors up, it's all about the perspective. The city sprawling below, the shimmering sea in the distance... I'm usually a grumpy travel person, and even *I* just stood there for like, a solid hour, mouth agape, watching the sunset turn the sky into a giant, fiery watercolor painting. It was honestly breathtaking. No picture, no matter how filtered, could possibly do it justice. Take my word for it. Take *several* gulps of your favorite drink while you're at it. You’ll deserve it.
I even caught myself humming the "The Sound of Silence" while gazing at all the buildings. Yes, *that* kind of good.
Studio? Space, Storage, and… General Comfort?
Right, the studio. Let's be brutally honest: it's compact. Think a well-appointed shoebox. You've got your essential needs covered – a bed (comfortable enough), a tiny kitchenette (more on the equipment later, especially the questionable fridge!), a bathroom (clean, thankfully), and enough space to, you know, *exist* without bumping into everything constantly. Storage is… adequate. Pack light. And maybe bring an extra towel, just in case the one provided isn't quite dry.
I did end up tripping over my suitcase at least twice. But hey, makes for a good story, right? And the view definitely makes up for limited storage space. Sort of.
The AC Situation - Is it a Battlefield?
Okay, the AC. Let's just say, the AC had a personality. And that personality was... unpredictable. Sometimes, it worked perfectly, blasting icy air and making you want to snuggle under a blanket. Other times? It just kinda… sighed. A sad, wheezing sigh. Like a tiny, overworked hamster. Or, you know, a typical AC unit in a tropical country. I had one night where it gave up the ghost entirely. Woke up absolutely drenched in sweat. Not ideal. Keep the window open if you want to survive the heat and make sure you have some means to fight the flying critters. Bring some strong bug spray, and pray.
I considered sleeping in the hallway. I'm not going to lie.
Pro Tip: Check the AC immediately upon arrival. If it's dodgy, raise the issue then and there. Don’t wait until the middle of the night when you're convinced you're slowly melting.
Let's Talk Kitchenette: Can You Cook a Meal, or Just Boil Water?
The kitchenette... well, it's there. It has a stove (single burner, I believe), a microwave (which worked, thank heavens!), and a fridge (which, as previously mentioned, may or may not actually *keep* things cold). Utensils are minimal. A couple of plates, some cutlery, a single, lonely frying pan. Don't expect to be whipping up a gourmet feast. More like ramen, instant coffee, and maybe some toast if you are lucky and the toaster works.
The fridge had a mind of its own. I put a bottle of water in there, and it was lukewarm within an hour. I suspect it was older than I am. My tip? Go easy on the cooking. Stick to easily prepared foods, or just order takeaway. There's plenty of great food to be had in Batam - I personally loved the seafood, but that's a story for another time.
The Internet/Wi-Fi - Crucial for the Modern Traveler!
The Wi-Fi... it's there. Sometimes. It's like a shy kitten. You catch glimpses of it, then it disappears. Be prepared for moments of glorious, uninterrupted connection… followed by extended periods of buffering and frustration. Streaming? Forget it. Checking emails? Potentially. Texting loved ones back home? Maybe, after a few tries. I ended up tethering to my phone most of the time. Which, thankfully, had a decent signal. So, yeah, bring a portable charger. Seriously. Always.
I spent one entire afternoon trying to upload a photo. It took approximately three hours. Three hours! In the end, I just gave up and went back to enjoying the view (which, thankfully, didn't require Wi-Fi).
Citra Plaza Views - Are They As Good As Advertised?
As I said earlier, the view is indeed magnificent. I'm not sure what the marketing materials say, but for the price point, you're getting a front-row seat to a pretty spectacular vista. I mean, sure, you're looking at a city and not a pristine beach, but the vastness of the view and the height really create this impression that you are truly 'above it all'. Be aware that the windows are large and open, so you might like the drapes closed if you're someone who likes complete darkness when they are trying to sleep.
Honestly, I spent a lot more time than I am proud to admit just staring out the window. It's really that good.
Overall, Would You Recommend It? The Verdict!

