
Pum House Dalat: Vietnam's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Pum House Dalat: Vietnam's Hidden Gem You NEED to See! (And yes, I really mean you need to go). Forget those cookie-cutter resorts, this place…this place is something else entirely. It’s a delightful mess of charm, hidden corners, and enough good vibes to power a small city. Buckle up, because here's the honest truth, warts and all.
First Impressions & Accessibility (or Lack Thereof, Honestly):
Okay, let's rip the band-aid off: Accessibility is NOT Pum House’s strong suit. This is a hillside haven in Dalat, and that means stairs. Lots and lots of stairs. Wheelchair accessibility? Forget about it. But, and this is a big BUT, the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They'll bend over backwards to assist if you have mobility issues, but just know it's not a fully accessible experience. Think of it as a workout with gorgeous scenery.
Right away, Internet access is good, with "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!", even better is Internet Access - LAN.
The Vibe: Cleanliness, Safety & That All-Important Peace of Mind
Let me tell you, in a post-pandemic world, I'm practically a hand sanitizer aficionado. And Pum House? They get it. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays… they're practically scrubbing the whole place down every five minutes. Hand sanitizer stations are EVERYWHERE, and the staff is masked up and taking things seriously. Huge props. They even have a doctor/nurse on call!
Things to Do (and Doze): Spa Sundays and Poolside Pampering
Okay, so let's talk relaxation. This is where Pum House really shines. They have:
- Body scrub
- Body wrap
- Foot bath
- Massage
- Pool with view
- Sauna
- Spa
- Spa/sauna
- Steamroom
- Swimming pool
- Swimming pool [outdoor]
The pool with a view is pure magic, especially at sunset. I practically lived in that thing. And the massage? Oh. Em. Gee. Seriously, one of the best I've ever had. I’m convinced the masseuse has magic hands. I'm not kidding, I probably booked it for 3 more days, and I'm a cheap person to begin with. Just imagine, the sun on your face, the gentle breeze, the scent of lemongrass in the air… Pure bliss.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with a Few Hiccups)
Okay, so food. Let's be real, I'm a food snob. And the Pum House kitchen had a bunch of:
- A la carte in restaurant
- Alternative meal arrangement
- Asian breakfast
- Asian cuisine in restaurant
- Breakfast [buffet]
- Breakfast service
- Buffet in restaurant
- Coffee/tea in restaurant
- Coffee shop
- Desserts in restaurant
- Happy hour
- International cuisine in restaurant
- Poolside bar
- Restaurants
- Room service [24-hour]
- Salad in restaurant
- Snack bar
- Soup in restaurant
- Vegetarian restaurant
- Western breakfast
- Western cuisine in restaurant
The breakfast buffet was decent. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was a standout, especially the pho. The poolside bar is fun, though the cocktails could be a little stronger (just sayin’, bartenders!). A bottle of water is always there.
The Room: Your Cozy Dalat Hideaway
My Room was a comfy nest. I even got:
- Additional toilet
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobes
- Bathroom phone
- Bathtub
- Blackout curtains
- Carpeting
- Closet
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary tea
- Daily housekeeping
- Desk
- Extra long bed
- Free bottled water
- Hair dryer
- High floor
- In-room safe box
- Interconnecting room(s) available
- Internet access – LAN
- Internet access – wireless
- Ironing facilities
- Laptop workspace
- Linens
- Mini bar
- Mirror
- Non-smoking
- On-demand movies
- Private bathroom
- Reading light
- Refrigerator
- Safety/security feature
- Satellite/cable channels
- Scale
- Seating area
- Separate shower/bathtub
- Shower
- Slippers
- Smoke detector
- Socket near the bed
- Sofa
- Soundproofing
- Telephone
- Toiletries
- Towels
- Umbrella
- Visual alarm
- Wake-up service
- Wi-Fi [free]
- Window that opens
Now, about the room, The "seating area" was a cozy little nook next to the window, perfect for curling up with a book. There was a mini bar(a bit pricey, but hey, convenience!). Air conditioning? A MUST, and it works perfectly! The blackout curtains are a lifesaver for those lazy mornings when you just want to sleep in.
Services and Conveniences: Perks and Perks (and More Stairs)
I'm a fan of convenience, and Pum House has a lot to offer:
- Air conditioning in public area
- Audio-visual equipment for special events
- Business facilities
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge
- Contactless check-in/out
- Convenience store
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Dry cleaning
- Elevator
- Essential condiments
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Food delivery
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Indoor venue for special events
- Invoice provided
- Ironing service
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Meetings
- Meeting stationery
- On-site event hosting
- Outdoor venue for special events
- Projector/LED display
- Safety deposit boxes
- Seminars
- Shrine
- Smoking area
- Terrace
- Wi-Fi for special events
- Xerox/fax in business center
Laundry service? Check. Luggage storage? Check. Concierge with local tips? Big check! And the contactless check-in/out was a lifesaver, because, let’s face it, nobody wants to spend time at the front desk these days.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
While I didn't travel with kids this time, Pum House seems to cater to families with:
- Babysitting service
- Family/child friendly
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (and the Hill)
Airport transfer is available (thank god!), and there's a car park [free of charge]. Taxi service is easy to arrange. Just be prepared for those up-and-down hills!
My Verdict: Go. Seriously, Just Go.
Pum House Dalat isn't perfect. But that's part of its charm. It’s a little rough around the edges, a little bit quirky, and a whole lot of wonderful. If you’re looking for a sterile, cookie-cutter experience, this isn’t it. But if you want authentic charm, stunning views, ridiculously good massages, and genuine hospitality, then Pum House is your Dalat dream come true.
A Messy, Honest Offer:
Ready to Escape the Ordinary? Book Your Getaway to Pum House Dalat!
Tired of the same old vacations? Craving an escape that's equal parts relaxing and utterly unforgettable? Then pack your bags, because Pum House Dalat is calling your name!
Imagine:
- Waking up to breathtaking views from your cozy room.
- Indulging in a heavenly spa day with a massage that'll melt away your stress.
- Exploring the vibrant streets of Dalat, knowing you have a serene haven to return to.
- Enjoying breakfast that'll get you going for the day
- Cool and great food
Here’s what you get when you book your stay at Pum House Dalat:
- Unparalleled Relaxation: Unwind in the outdoor pool
- Unforgettable Experiences: Discover hidden gems and soak in the local culture.
But wait, there's more! Book now and get a 10% discount on your spa treatment!
Don't wait! This offer won't last forever. Head over to [website address] and book your Dalat adventure today!
P.S. Don't forget to pack your walking shoes! You're going to want to explore every nook and cranny of this amazing place (and Dalat itself!)
Bohol Paradise Found: Tambayan Rooms & Cottages - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Okay, here's a hot mess of a travel itinerary for a trip to Pum House in Dalat, Vietnam. Buckle up, buttercups, because it's going to be… well, it's going to be something.
Pum House Dalat: My "Get Your Head Straight" (and Probably Lose It) Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret? (Kidding… mostly)
- 10:00 AM – Arrival at Lien Khuong Airport (DLI). The flight was bumpy. Seriously, I swear the plane was wrestling turbulence the whole time. I'm already regretting my choice to wear a white shirt. First impression of Vietnam: smells amazing! Like, a mix of spices, exhaust, and promise.
- 10:30 AM – Meet the Taxi Driver. (And Wonder About My Life Choices): I’m pretty sure he’s never used a GPS before. The tiny, winding roads of Dalat… oh boy. I'm pretty sure we went uphill sideways at one point. Praying to whatever deities oversee mountain passes.
- 11:30 AM - Pum House Check-In & Instant Gratification: Okay, this place… is dreamy. Like, straight out of a travel magazine. Except. No, it's as pretty as the pictures, but also… feels like a giant, perfectly styled diorama. I'm slightly afraid to touch anything. The staff is super nice, and I got my room (The "Lavender House" - awww!) which has a balcony with a view. I'm torn between wanting to Instagram the hell out of it and curling into a ball and never leaving.
- 12:30 PM – Lunch at Pum House Restaurant: They have a menu with the most amazing food (Vietnamese food style); I thought it was going to be touristy, but it was actually delicious. I had some com tam (broken rice) that was heavenly. My expectations - met and then some.
- 1:30 PM - A Bit Lost: The air is cool and fresh here, and the views are stunning. Taking a nap right in the middle of the afternoon.
- 3:00 PM – Coffee & Wanderlust (or, the Search for Decent Coffee): Okay, Vietnamese coffee is legendary, I know. But I'm also a bit of a coffee snob. This cafe (near Pum House - the name escapes me, currently) had some decent coffee, but the real challenge of drinking it is the sheer amount of condensed milk. Sweet Jesus. Maybe I need to dial down the sweetness levels.
- 4:00 PM - Exploring the Street: The neighborhood is beautiful and relaxing.
- 6:00 PM – Dinner at the "Local" Place (Probably Tourists): Found a restaurant recommended online, and let's be real, it's probably full of other tourists like me. Still, the food was amazing. We started with a simple banh mi - the best I've had in my life.
- 7:30 PM – Early Night / Jet Lag? Back to the Lavender House. I feel this strange mix of energised, but also utterly exhausted. Maybe it's the altitude? Maybe it's the all the traveling?
Day 2: Dalat's Obsession with Flowers & My Own Existential Crisis
- 8:00 AM – Wake up, Feeling All Existential: Actually, I slept terribly. Jet lag, I guess. Also, the pillow is a bit too fluffy. I need a nap.
- 9:00 AM – Breakfast at Pum House: More great food. I'm already planning what I'm going to order for lunch. This is going to be a problem.
- 10:00 AM – Crazy House (Hang Nga Guesthouse): Okay, this place is a trip. Like, seriously, a trip. Part Dr. Seuss, part Tim Burton, all insane. It's a architectural masterpiece or a complete eyesore. It depends on the day, moment, and your level of sanity. My brain is still buzzing. The lines are absurd, the crowds are a nightmare, and i got lost (more than once). But the photos! Oh, the photos. Worth it? Maybe?
- 12:00 PM – Lunch at… wherever I can find a seat. That Crazy House wrecked my sense of time and place.
- 2:00 PM – Dalat Flower Garden (Or, the Place Where Flowers Go to Retire): Okay, I feel like I’m back in the 1980s. It reminds me of my grandma. Beautiful flowers. It's peaceful and very pretty.
- 4:00 PM – Lake Xuan Huong Stroll (Attempted): Walked a bit along the lake, but it was packed with people. More people than flowers at the garden.
- 5:00 PM - Coffee again (needed).
- 6:00 PM – The Dinner Hustle: Deciding on a restaurant feels like the most important decision of my life. Eventually, I found a great hot pot place.
- 7:30 PM - Back at Pum House: Wrote in my journal, gazed at those stars, and felt the gentle peace that comes with being alone in a gorgeous space.
Day 3: The Dalat "Thing" & My (Very Brief) Career as a Market Bargainer
- 8:00 AM – Breakfast, then Market Madness (Or, the Sensory Overload): Dalat Central Market. Oh. My. God. The smells! The sounds! The colors! I'm officially overwhelmed. So many fruits and vegetables I don’t even recognise. Attempted to bargain for some dried mangoes. Total failure. I think I just got ripped off.
- 10:00 AM – The Valley of Love (Another Photo Op): Romantic, yes. A bit cheesy, also yes. But hey, it’s pretty. I made a quick run, had more beautiful pictures, and left quickly.
- 12:00 PM – Lunch at a Random Place: More food adventures! More deliciousness. I am going to gain 10 pounds on this trip.
- 1:00 PM – Elephant Waterfall and Linh Phuoc Pagoda (Dodge the Tour Buses!): The waterfall was nice, but the real star was the pagoda. It's covered in intricate mosaics made from pottery shards. Stunning.
- 4:00 PM - Back to the Pum House: Enjoying the beautiful scenery and relaxing.
- 6:00 PM – Farewell Dinner (I don't want to go!) at a place I found on a blog, but honestly, I don't even care anymore. I just want to soak up the beauty of the place, the kindness of the people, and the general amazing-ness of this whole experience.
- 7:30 PM – Pack and prepare for Departure.
Day 4: Departure (With a Heavy Heart)
- 8:00 AM – Final Breakfast: More fresh fruit! More coffee! More contemplation of my life choices.
- 9:00 AM – Check out of Pum House: Saying goodbye to the staff.
- 10:00 AM – Taxi to the Airport: One last, potentially terrifying, ride.
- 12:00 PM – Flight Back Home.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was… a lot. Dalat is quirky, beautiful, chaotic, and utterly enchanting. I’ve eaten way too much, seen some amazing things, and realized that I'm probably happier when I'm not trying to "do" everything. I will definitely be back. Just gotta work on my bargaining skills. And maybe pack a stronger stomach.
(P.S. Don’t judge the messiness of this itinerary. This is real life, people!)
Tokyo's Kabukicho: 704m from Shinjuku Station (2-min walk!)
Pum House Dalat: FAQ - Because Let's Be Real, You Probably Have Questions! (And I Have Opinions!)
Okay, Okay, What *IS* Pum House Anyway? Like, is it even a house? Sounds kinda... agricultural.
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this is where the magic starts! Pum House isn't some boring old hotel, okay? It's more like... a dreamy, slightly chaotic, absolutely charming escape in Dalat, Vietnam. Imagine a series of interconnected houses, quirky little bungalows, and secret nooks, all nestled amidst a lush garden brimming with flowers, and maybe, just maybe, a few stray cats judging your every move (bless them!). Agricultural? Nope. Awesome? Absolutely. Think rustic-chic meets whimsical fairytale. Seriously, I spent half my time there trying to figure out if I was accidentally transported to a movie set.
The Photos Look Amazing - Is it *Actually* That Pretty? Because, you know, Instagram vs. Reality...
Okay, real talk. Yes. It's pretty freaking stunning. But, and this is a big BUT, remember the Instagram-perfect photos? They likely scrubbed out the stray leaf litter, the occasional slightly wonky paint job, and the fact that the wifi might stage a full-blown rebellion in your room every now and then (totally happened to me, I swear). The pictures are accurate, but they don't capture the *feeling* of the place. The way the sunlight filters through the leaves in the garden? The scent of fresh coffee brewing in the morning? The slightly-too-warm-but-still-amazing morning mist? That's where the magic *truly* lies. Just, don't expect perfection. Embrace the imperfections, they're part of the charm!
What's the Vibe Like? Is it Loud? Relaxing? Overrun by Influencers? (Please, God, no.)
The vibe? Ah, the vibe. (Takes a deep breath). Okay, it's generally pretty chill. Think "laid-back bohemian retreat." It's more relaxed than a spa day, and less "party animal." Think couples, solo travelers, maybe a few groups of friends. I did see *one* influencer, and I swear, they spent an entire morning trying to get the perfect shot of their breakfast. (Bless them, the avocado toast was *amazing*). Generally speaking? Relaxing. Peaceful. Instagrammable, but not *overly* saturated with the 'gram. You'll find pockets of quiet, places to read a book, and enough beauty to make you forget your phone even exists... until you remember you need to capture the sunset. It's a constant battle, trust me.
What Are the Rooms/Bungalows Like? Anything To Watch Out For?
They are all different! Each bungalow has its own personality. Expect quirky decor, comfortable beds, and views that'll stop you in your tracks. Now, here's a little bit of insider advice: some rooms are better than others. (This comes from firsthand experience... the first room I got had a slightly questionable water stain on the ceiling. I’m not judging, it looked like a cloud or a grumpy face, depending on your mood.) Check photos, read reviews, and if possible, try to book a room with a balcony or a garden view. Also, the walls? Thin. You might hear your neighbors whispering sweet nothings (or, you know, snoring). Pack earplugs, just in case. And maybe a sense of humor. It’s all part of the adventure.
The Food! Tell Me About the Food! My Stomach is Already Rumbling.
Oh. My. GOD. The food. Okay, I'm getting emotional just thinking about the food. They serve breakfast, and it's INCREDIBLE. Think fresh fruit, fluffy omelets, strong Vietnamese coffee (basically rocket fuel), and sometimes, pancakes that are so light and airy, they're almost criminal. They'll whip up some simple dishes from the menu for lunch and dinner, and everything is fresh, flavorful, and reasonably priced. The best part? You eat in the garden. Surrounded by flowers, sunshine, and the occasional friendly critter. Seriously, I still dream of the pho I had there. It was a religious experience. Okay, maybe slightly dramatic, but it was REALLY good.
Anything Nearby? What's There To Do Other Than Just... Admire the Beauty?
Okay, so Dalat is a pretty cool town, and Pum House is actually a bit outside of the main bustle, which is why it's so wonderfully peaceful. But, you're not stranded! You can easily grab a taxi or rent a scooter (which I highly recommend, just be careful!) and explore. Dalat is known for its flower gardens, its crazy architecture (crazy houses, anyone?), its stunning lakes, and its vibrant markets. You can go hiking, visit coffee plantations, and sample local wines. Basically, Dalat has a lot to offer, and Pum House is the perfect launchpad for your adventures. Just, try not to spend *all* your time exploring. Leave some time for lazing around in the garden, okay? You won't regret it.
How's the Service/Staff? Were They Helpful?
Okay, the staff is fantastic. genuinely lovely people, super helpful, and they make you feel like you're staying in a friend's house, not a hotel. They'll help you with anything you need, from booking taxis to recommending restaurants. One time, I managed to lock myself out of my room (mortifying, I tell you!), and they were so patient and understanding, and even managed to get me back in with a smile. I was expecting a lecture. Instead, I got tea and a smile. They’re the best. Seriously.
Okay, Last Question - The Price? Is it Affordable? Because I’m on a Budget (and addicted to avocado toast, obviously).
Yes! Pum House is surprisingly affordable. You get so much bang for your buck! I mean, sure, it's not dirt cheap (this isn't a hostel), but it's definitely within the reach of most travelers. Considering the beauty, the charm, the AMAZING food, and the overall experience? It’s a steal. Just check prices and book in advance, especially during peak season, because this hidden gem is definitely not staying hidden for much longer. Seriously. Go. Book it. Now. You can thank me later.

