Mecca's Hidden Gem: Rushud Al Majd Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Mecca's Hidden Gem: Rushud Al Majd Hotel - Unforgettable Stay!

Okay, buckle up, pilgrims, because I'm about to spill the holy water on a hidden gem in Mecca: Rushud Al Majd Hotel - Unforgettable Stay! Forget those cookie-cutter hotels; this place is… well, it's an experience. And trust me, after navigating the chaos of Mecca, you NEED an experience. My legs still ache just thinking about the crowds. So, let's dive in, shall we? And yes, I'll be frank. Maybe a little too frank.

(Disclaimer: My experience is just mine. Yours might be different. Hotels are, after all, a wild, unpredictable beast.)

First things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE, people. Mecca isn't exactly known for being… easy. So, good on Rushud Al Majd for actually considering accessibility. They've got facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, plus they have accessible routes and services! That's a huge weight off, right? Especially after all that walking.

Internet? (We Need It, Seriously!) Okay, for those of us who can't live without a constant internet connection, the hotel offers FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms! Plus Internet access – LAN and Wi-Fi in public areas! And I mean REALLY good Wi-Fi!

  • Internet Services:
    • Internet
  • Internet [LAN]: Yes
  • Internet access: Yes
  • Internet access – wireless: Yes
  • Wi-Fi in public areas: yes
  • Wi-Fi for special events: Yes

Cleanliness and Safety: Because, Well, It's Mecca!

Look, let's be honest: hygiene is paramount in a place like Mecca. Rushud Al Majd seems to get this. They've got the whole shebang:

  • Anti-viral cleaning products
  • Daily disinfection in common areas
  • Hand sanitizer (thank GOD!)
  • Hygiene certification
  • Individually-wrapped food options (a lifesaver for germaphobes like me!)
  • Physical distancing of at least 1 meter (bless them)
  • Professional-grade sanitizing services
  • Room sanitization opt-out available (even if you're actually insane and like germs!)
  • Rooms sanitized between stays
  • Sanitized kitchen and tableware items
  • Staff trained in safety protocol
  • Sterilizing equipment

And the one that really made me breathe a sigh of relief? Doctor/nurse on call. Because let's face it, travel sometimes takes a toll on your body.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Pilgrimage!

Okay, let's talk food. Because after all that prayer and walking, you're GOING to be starving. And Rushud Al Majd doesn't disappoint. They have a variety of options:

  • A la carte in restaurant
  • Alternative meal arrangement
  • Asian breakfast
  • Asian cuisine in restaurant
  • Bar (for a little… relaxation after your spiritual journey)
  • Bottle of water
  • Breakfast [buffet] (yes, a big YES!)
  • Breakfast service
  • Buffet in restaurant
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant (THANK you!)
  • Coffee shop
  • Desserts in restaurant
  • Happy hour (I mean, even in Mecca, right?)
  • International cuisine in restaurant
  • Poolside bar (more on that later…)
  • Restaurants
  • Room service [24-hour] (essential for jet lag)
  • Salad in restaurant
  • Snack bar
  • Soup in restaurant
  • Vegetarian restaurant
  • Western breakfast
  • Western cuisine in restaurant

The breakfast buffet was epic. Seriously. A culinary wonderland. I'm not even a huge buffet person, but this one was different. Fresh fruit, delicious pastries, multiple stations with different types of eggs (they even had a section for poached eggs!), and the coffee was so good. It really set the tone for the day.

A little confession… I may, or may not, have smuggled a few extra pastries back to my room. Don't judge me.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

This is where Rushud Al Majd really shines. They've thought of everything:

  • Air conditioning in public area (HEAVENLY!)
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events
  • Business facilities
  • Cash withdrawal
  • Concierge
  • Contactless check-in/out (LOVE this in the current climate!)
  • Convenience store
  • Currency exchange (super helpful!)
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Doorman
  • Dry cleaning
  • Elevator
  • Essential condiments
  • Facilities for disabled guests
  • Food delivery
  • Gift/souvenir shop
  • Indoor venue for special events
  • Invoice provided
  • Ironing service
  • Laundry service
  • Luggage storage
  • Meeting/banquet facilities
  • Meetings
  • Meeting stationery
  • On-site event hosting
  • Outdoor venue for special events
  • Projector/LED display
  • Safety deposit boxes
  • Seminars
  • Shrine
  • Smoking area
  • Terrace
  • Xerox/fax in business center

For the Kids (and the Big Kids at Heart!)

  • Babysitting service
  • Family/child friendly
  • Kids facilities
  • Kids meal

Getting Around: Easier Than You Think!

  • Airport transfer
  • Bicycle parking
  • Car park [free of charge]
  • Car park [on-site]
  • Car power charging station
  • Taxi service
  • Valet parking

Things to Do / Ways to Relax: Because You Need It!

  • Pool with view
  • Sauna
  • Spa
  • Spa/sauna
  • Steamroom
  • Swimming pool
  • Swimming pool [outdoor]
  • Body scrub
  • Body wrap
  • Fitness center
  • Foot bath
  • Gym/fitness
  • Massage

Okay, this is where things get interesting. See, I tried to go to the spa. I really did. After so many hours on my feet, a massage sounded like nirvana. But there was this thing. It was the pool.

Let me be clear: the pool with a view is stunning. It’s on the roof or something, and the view of the city, even in the haze, is breathtaking at sunset. The problem? Okay, it’s not really a problem, more of a cultural observation, or a… situation.

The women's swimming area separate. Which is great. Except, I, being alone, and frankly a little shy, couldn’t quite bring myself to join the ladies. So, I ended up just wandering around it, and then back to my room. Lesson learned: next time, BRING A FRIEND. Or, you know, just be a bit bolder than I was.

Available in All Rooms, aka the Essentials

  • Additional toilet
  • Air conditioning
  • Alarm clock
  • Bathrobes
  • Bathroom phone
  • Bathtub
  • Blackout curtains
  • Carpeting
  • Closet
  • Coffee/tea maker
  • Complimentary tea
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Desk
  • Extra long bed
  • Free bottled water
  • Hair dryer
  • High floor
  • In-room safe box
  • Interconnecting room(s) available
  • Internet access – LAN
  • Internet access – wireless
  • Ironing facilities
  • Laptop workspace
  • Linens
  • Mini bar
  • Mirror
  • Non-smoking
  • On-demand movies
  • Private bathroom
  • Reading light
  • Refrigerator
  • Safety/security feature
  • Satellite/cable channels
  • Scale
  • Seating area
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Seaside Family Home Awaits in East Wittering!

Book Now

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sterile, itinerary-in-a-box. This is… well, this is ME trying to survive Mecca, and the Rushud Al Majd Hotel, on a prayer and a prayer. Here goes nothing.

The Mecca Meltdown: A Survival Guide (aka, My Actual, Mostly-Made-Up-As-I-Go Trip)

Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Panic

  • Time: Literally whenever my plane finally lands (pray it’s before midday, or I’ll be hangry beyond human comprehension).

  • Event: Touching down in Jeddah. Oh. My. Goodness. The sheer, monumental, scale of the airport. I'm pretty sure I saw a small caravan of camels wandering through duty-free. (Maybe it was the jet lag). The pilgrimage journey is about to begin.

  • Transportation: Pre-booked airport transfer (Hoping it's not some beat-up old jalopy. I need A/C). Pray for a driver who speaks enough English to point me in the general direction of the Rushud Al Majd Hotel and doesn't try to convince me to visit their cousin's carpet shop.

  • Rushud Al Majd Hotel Arrival - The lobby is HUGE. I mean, you could probably host a small wedding in here. Finding the check-in desk feels like a quest. Everyone's speaking languages I don't understand. I fumble with my passport, sweating profusely, and pray the reception guy doesn't think I'm a complete idiot. (Secret: I am).

  • Impression of the lobby - I had this picture in my mind, this pristine, modern oasis. My mind then told me, "nope." The details aren't all clean and super tidy.

  • Room Shenanigans: Okay, the room. (Deep breath). It’s… functional. The air con works, thank the heavens. The view…is… well, it is a view.

    • Quirky Observation: The prayer rug in the room is immaculate. I briefly considered using it as a substitute for my laundry, but decided against it. (Probably should have brought that travel wash).
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: Exhausted. Overwhelmed. A tiny bit terrified. But also… here. In Mecca. This is a bucket-list moment, even if that bucket is currently filled with a mixture of sweat, fatigue, and a nagging feeling I forgot to pack something crucial.

  • Evening: Find food. Any kind of food. I have a feeling my stomach is going to be the loudest voice for the next few days. Ideally, some kind of shawarma that won't instantly send me running for the nearest bathroom.

Day 2: First Glimpse of the Sacred & Utter Bewilderment

  • Morning: Attempt a semi-coherent breakfast at the hotel. Negotiating the buffet will be a trial. I might end up with a plate consisting entirely of dates and lukewarm coffee.
    • Opinionated Language: The buffet is a zoo. A delicious, confusing, potentially gut-busting zoo.
  • Late Morning (or whenever I can summon the courage): Head out to the Grand Mosque (Masjid al-Haram). Okay, deep breaths. Deep breaths. This is it. The actual reason I'm here.
    • Anecdote: My friend warned me about the crowds and the utter chaos. They were right. I am not exaggerating when I say that the sheer number of people is mind-boggling. It's a sea of white (mostly), a symphony of languages, and a sensory overload of epic proportions.
    • Impression: The structure! The view! The presence! Nothing will prepare you for your first glimpse - it will be the experience of a lifetime.
  • Afternoon: Try to find a spot where I can absorb the atmosphere, maybe observe some of the rituals. Attempt to understand the ebb and flow of the crowds. (Spoiler alert: I'll probably fail miserably).
    • Emotional Reaction: Overwhelmed. Humbled. A bit lost, but in the best possible way. This is… something. Something HUGE.
    • Minor Category: The sheer smell of incense is intoxicating.
  • Evening: Reflect. Collapse into bed. Realize I probably haven't drunk enough water. Make a mental note to buy a life-sized bottle of water tomorrow.

Day 3: Tawaf & The Struggle is REAL (aka, Repeated Again & Again)

  • Morning: Attempt to do the Tawaf (circumambulation of the Kaaba). This is where the rubber really meets the road. (Prepare to be jostled, bumped, and possibly accidentally stepped on.)
    • Anecdote: I get separated from my shoes I left outside of the mosque and spend a painful 30 minutes trying to find them. (They were probably stolen).
  • Repeated Afternoon: The tawaf. The struggle. The pushing. The people. The praying.
  • Quirky Observation: Never have I seen so many people pushing a wheelchair.
  • Emotional Rollercoaster Revisited: There were so many tears flowing down many faces. Even I teared up. I think I might be losing it. It's been a long week.
  • Evening: Dinner. Something simple. I am tired.

Day 4 - 7: Repeat & Refine & Regret (Maybe?):

  • General Plan: Rinse and repeat. More prayers. More attempts at prayer. Trying to navigate the area, avoid the worst of the crowds, find some good food, and maybe, just maybe, have a moment of profound spiritual understanding.
  • Possible Side Quests:
    • Visit the Zamzam Well (if I can stand the queues). Attempt to drink the holy water.
    • Explore some of the local shops (for souvenirs, mostly… and maybe a bigger water bottle).
    • Try to learn a few basic Arabic phrases (before I completely embarrass myself).
    • Messy Structure/Rambles: I'll probably get lost. Multiple times. I'll probably eat something that doesn't agree with me. I'll probably spend way too much time staring open-mouthed at the sheer beauty and history surrounding me. I'll probably miss my family, but also feel a strange sense of liberation.
  • Emotional Reactions (Good & Bad): Moments of intense spiritual connection. Moments of frustration and fatigue. Moments of utter joy. Moments where I question my sanity. It's going to be a whirlwind.
  • Imperfections: I will undoubtedly make a fool of myself at least once. Probably more. I will probably take a terrible photo. I might lose important things. (My passport. My sanity. Who knows?)
  • Food: I will eat. I will probably try to be adventurous. I will definitely attempt to find some coffee that doesn't taste like mud.
    • Opinionated Language: The coffee situation in Mecca is highly questionable at best.

Departure Day:

  • Morning: One last look at the Grand Mosque. One last moment of silent prayer. Pack my bags (and try to find all my belongings).
  • Transportation: Airport transfer. This time I will have learned from experience, and hopefully, the car will be less of a death trap.
  • Emotional Reaction: Tired. Sad to leave. Incredibly grateful. Forever changed.

Final Thoughts: This journey is not going to be perfect. It's going to be messy, challenging, and utterly unforgettable. It's a pilgrimage, not a vacation (although, I certainly need a vacation after this). Here's hoping I survive… and that I actually experience something meaningful along the way. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.

Escape to Paradise: Your Private Pool Awaits in Pridraga, Croatia

Book Now

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel: FAQs (Or, My Brain Dump About Staying There!)

Is Rushud Al Majd really a "Hidden Gem"? Let's Be Honest...

Okay, "Hidden Gem" is a strong term, isn't it? It's not like I stumbled upon a secret speakeasy behind a falafel stand. It's more like... a well-kept secret from the *really* crazy expensive options. Honestly, I'd say "Respectable Option for the Budget Traveler Who Isn't Afraid of a Bit of Mecca-Level Chaos" is more accurate. Look, Mecca is a whirlwind. Everything feels intense. And Rushud Al Majd? It *embraces* that intensity. Don't expect a silent spa retreat. Do expect… well, let's just say the staff remembers your name (and probably your room number) because you *see* them a LOT. Which, is good? Depends on your mood, honestly.

What's the Room Situation *Really* Like?

Okay, here's the deal. Rooms are... functional. Yeah, functional. Clean enough, mostly. The beds? Let's just say they're not the Four Seasons' cloud-like offerings. I would actually compare mine to a very firm... piece of plywood covered in a thin sheet. (Okay, exaggerating a *little* there, but you get the idea.) The air conditioning is a *must*, because, Mecca. And it works, praise Allah! Though, the temperature control is like… "Freeze or Slightly Less Freeze." Forget about a gentle breeze. Mine at least offered a view of… well, the next building. But honestly? After a day of prayers and the sheer crush of the crowd, who cares about a fancy room? You just want to sleep! And I did. Eventually.

And the Food? Is There Food? Is It Edible?

Okay, the food. This is where my memory decides to go a little hazy. It was... there. It was a buffet, which in my experience, in any hotel, is a gamble. There were… options. Lots of options. Some were delicious, some were… well, they existed. And the coffee? Oh, the coffee. Let's say it fueled me for some *serious* power-walking to the Haram. I think I only saw the same two dishes twice. Was it culinary magic? Probably not. Did it keep me alive and able to complete my prayers? Absolutely. And look, after a day jammed in with millions in a spiritual place, you're not really looking for Michelin-star dining, are you? You're hungry, tired, and just want something to eat. And the hotel provided that. And they refilled the water, which is HUGE!

Is it Close to the Haram? Because, Let's Be Real, That's the *Only* Thing That Matters, Right?

Okay, YES. The proximity to the Haram is – and I cannot stress this enough – *critical*. This is Mecca. You want to be close. And Rushud Al Majd? It's… within a reasonable walking distance. Now, "reasonable" in Mecca can mean something different than "reasonable" anywhere else, because you're dealing with crowds that would make Black Friday look like a knitting circle. I'd say it took me about 10-15 minutes, depending on how aggressively I was dodging other pilgrims and how much I needed to go to the restroom. And trust me, those restroom breaks can add valuable minutes to your journey. But the walk itself, well, it's a prayer in itself. Seeing the Kaaba in the distance? Heart-stopping. Being *that* close made *everything* worth it.

What About the Staff - Helpful, Annoying, or Somewhere in Between?

Okay, the staff. This is where the experience gets… interesting. They were generally helpful, in a very… direct way. Like, "YES, you are late for prayer, go NOW!" direct. Which, let's be honest, is sometimes what you *need*. They were always there, buzzing around like helpful bees. Sometimes, this meant you'd be asked "Are you okay?" about five times in an hour. But if you had a problem – like, say, your air conditioning deciding to channel the Arctic winds -- they would TRY to fix it. They worked hard. They were clearly used to dealing with weary pilgrims from all over the world. And for that, I was grateful. I'd rather have intense helpful than indifferent.

Okay, Let's Talk Laundry, Because I Ruined a Thobe. My Fault, Really.

Laundry! Okay, this is where I have a bit of a… story. I somehow managed to spill what I'm pretty sure was a week old samosa chutney down my brand new thobe on day two (don't ask), and I panicked. I mean, PANICKED. Mecca’s tough already, I couldn’t be seen with a gigantic chutney stain! The hotel, bless their cotton socks, offered laundry service. I handed over my thobe, praying to Allah it could be saved. Now, the laundry service was… efficient. And when I got my thobe back? It was… clean. *Slightly* smaller, and with a vaguely chemical smell, but clean. The chutney stain was gone! That’s all that mattered. So, good for them. But maybe… maybe a little less heat next time? Just a suggestion!

What's the Overall Vibe? Would You Go Back?

Overall vibe? Chaotic, intense, spiritual, exhausting, remarkable. Would I go back? Honestly? Yes. And I'd choose Rushud Al Majd again. Why? Because it was *there*. It was accessible. It allowed me to focus on the *reason* I was there. It was a place to sleep, to eat, to prepare myself and, most importantly, to let my soul connect. It wasn't perfect, far from it. But it was *real*. And sometimes, in a place like Mecca, that's all you really need. Yeah it was a good choice. Maybe that’s not the most eloquent thing to say, but truly I believe it.

Ocean By H10 Hotels

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia

Rushud Al Majd Hotel Mecca Saudi Arabia