Escape to Paradise: FLORET Resort, Lachung's Himalayan Haven

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

Escape to Paradise: FLORET Resort, Lachung's Himalayan Haven

Escape to Paradise: FLORET Resort - Lachung's Himalayan Haven (A Very Honest Review!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to lay down the real deal on FLORET Resort in Lachung. Forget those polished, sterile hotel reviews – this is the raw, unfiltered truth, peppered with my own personal (and probably wildly inappropriate) opinions. Think of it as a chat over chai, rather than a dry textbook chapter. Here we go!

First things first: Accessibility. And… Whoa.

Lachung. Himalayan Haven. Let's be real, accessibility isn't the first word that springs to mind. This place is a trek! Getting there involves winding roads and sheer drops. Accessibility is listed, but let's be practical here. It's a mountain resort. Think twice if you need strong mobility assistance. The elevation alone will take your breath away, even if you're perfectly fit. No elevator, not many wheelchair-friendly areas, consider this before booking. But the "Accessibility" box is ticked, so fair play, I guess!

Now, let's dive into the good stuff…or, at least, the interesting stuff.

Rooms & Comfort: Your Himalayan Nest…Maybe with a Smidge of Imperfection.

My room? Gorgeous. Seriously. The views from the window? Jaw-dropping. The complimentary tea? Divine. They even had, get this, blackout curtains! (Hallelujah! My sleep schedule thanks you, FLORET.) I swear, I slept for days, nestled in like a hibernating bear. Air conditioning is listed, which is hilarious because…Lachung. Seriously, you'll be begging for the cold. The free Wi-Fi in all rooms was a lifesaver. I mean, come on, insta-worthy mountain pics need to be uploaded, right? The Free bottled water was really welcome too. A Laptop workspace, really useful. However, there were a couple of tiny things. The carpet? Slightly worn. The shower pressure? Let's just say it wasn't Niagara Falls. And, I swear, the alarm clock was set to the most annoying bird song ever. But hey, it's a mountain resort, you're not going to be getting the Ritz level of luxury. Interconnecting room(s) available is great when Traveling with the family. Soundproof rooms they provide.

Dining, Glorious Dining (and a little bit of chaos).

Alright, food. This is where it got interesting. FLORET Resort offers a Breakfast [buffet] and Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet]. The buffet was a mountain of food, a glorious, carb-laden feast after the long journey. Asian breakfast was available too. Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant were both available and really useful. Breakfast service was good. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was well appreciated and it was very helpful. A la carte in restaurant was a good option. The thing is, sometimes the service was a little…chaotic. One morning, I swear, I had to wave down a waiter to refill my coffee three times. But, you know what? It added to the charm. It felt less like a sterile hotel and more like a big, slightly dysfunctional family. The Restaurants and Coffee shop were good also! Poolside bar, a bar at all and a Happy hour would be epic. The options for Vegetarian restaurant were great. The Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant and Desserts in restaurant were all good too. Bottle of water really useful. The inclusion of Complimentary tea was great. The Room service [24-hour] are welcome

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (aka, My Attempt at Zen).

Okay, so FLORET has the whole relaxation thing down. Spa/sauna and a Body scrub, bliss! I spent a happy afternoon melting into a massage. Massage was really welcome. The Pool with view had me speechless for the first ten minutes. Swimming pool [outdoor] and Sauna available. Swimming pool was great, but absolutely freezing! Fitness center and Gym/fitness…I went once, mostly to check if it was real (it was!). But honestly, all that hiking around Lachung is your workout. Foot bath was an interesting experience. Steamroom available.

Cleanliness & Safety: A Breath of Fresh Air (Literally).

Let’s be clear: cleanliness is paramount in a place like this. And FLORET Resort delivered. Cleanliness and safety. Anti-viral cleaning products were used too. They really seem to have taken hygiene seriously, and that's really important. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Daily disinfection in common areas which I liked a lot. The Safe dining setup was also very well thought out. Rooms sanitized between stays, a big plus! Having a First aid kit and Doctor/nurse on call feels like a necessity up in the mountains. Safety/security feature available. Smoke alarms present in rooms. Fire extinguisher nearby. All the staff seemed completely aware of the health protocols and had very good training. Staff trained in safety protocol was great to know. Hygiene certification great. Sterilizing equipment I appreciated. Regarding the Rooms sanitized between stays and Room sanitization opt-out available, I recommend the former. They are also making use of Masks mandatory!

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter.

Okay, so you get the usual suspects: Daily housekeeping, super efficient, Laundry service, lifesaver after that long trek. Luggage storage was useful too. Concierge very helpful. Cash withdrawal a real necessity, because the place is remote. Car park [free of charge] A must. Elevator, not needed! Facilities for disabled guests, well… Front desk [24-hour] very useful. Invoice provided

For the Kids (and the Kid in You).

Yes, they cater to families! Family/child friendly. They have all of the basics, Kids facilities, Babysitting service, that's great for the parents! Kids meal, I didn't personally take it, but it's good to have.

Getting Around: The Mountain Tango.

Let's face it, you're not exactly popping down to the shops. FLORET offers Airport transfer which is a must, and Car park [free of charge]. Car park [on-site] is present. And it's a real boon, considering the lack of public transport. Taxi service.

The Quirky Extras & Those “Oh, Wow” Moments.

The Shrine, a quirky detail. Terrace. Terrace with an incredible view! And, in a weird way, added to the atmosphere. The Proposal spot could be useful!

The Downside (Because, Let’s Be Honest, Nothing is Perfect!).

The internet. It’s…there. Internet. Internet access – wireless. Internet access – LAN. You'll get moments of glorious connectivity and moments where you want to hurl your laptop out the window. The air conditioning in public area is useful.

My Verdict: Flaws and All, I'd Go Back.

FLORET Resort isn't perfect. It's a little rough around the edges, sometimes a little chaotic, and getting there is a journey. But it's honest, it's beautiful, and it offers an experience you won't forget. If you're craving a real escape, a chance to disconnect (mostly!), and a dose of breathtaking Himalayan views, book it.

SEO-Focused Summary with Keywords:

  • Keywords: FLORET Resort, Lachung, Himalayan Haven, hotel review, mountain resort, Sikkim, India, accessibility, spa, fitness center, Wi-Fi, dining, cleanliness, views, family-friendly, travel, accommodation
  • Focus: Honest and detailed review of FLORET Resort, highlighting both strengths and weaknesses.
  • Target Audience: Travelers seeking genuine feedback on a Himalayan resort, considering both practical aspects and experiential elements.
  • Key Selling Points: Breathtaking views, attentive staff, immersive experience, hygiene and safety protocols, and honest insight.

Here's my personal, slightly-unhinged offer to you, dear traveler:

Escape to Paradise: FLORET Resort – Your Himalayan Adventure Awaits!

Tired of the same old travel routine? Craving an escape that's as real as it is breathtaking? Look no further than FLORET Resort in Lachung, your Himalayan Haven. BOOK NOW and experience a journey you'll never forget!

Why FLORET?

  • Unforgettable Views: Wake up to panoramic vistas of the Himalayas!
  • Relax and Rejuvenate: Indulge in our spa, offering everything from massages to body wraps.
  • Cleanliness You Can Trust: We're committed to your safety with rigorous hygiene protocols.
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Kawasaki Hotel's Luxury!

Book Now

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into my attempt at surviving (and possibly thriving) a trip to Floret Resort, Lachung, India. Forget perfect, forget polished. This itinerary is gonna be a glorious, messy free-for-all of altitude sickness, questionable food choices, and the overwhelming beauty of the Himalayas. Let's see if I can actually pull this thing off… and maybe not lose a lung in the process.

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG: A Hot Mess of a Himalayan Adventure (Tentative Schedule. Actual Outcomes highly variable)

Day 1: Arrival and Altitude Anxieties (a.k.a. Pray for Oxygen)

  • Morning: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport (IXB). The plan, in theory, is to have a pre-booked car waiting. Famous last words. I'm already picturing myself haggling with a grizzled taxi driver while desperately trying to remember how to say "please" in Hindi (it's "kripya," I think? Or is it "kripaya"? Ugh, details!). The drive to Lachung? FOREVER. Prepare for winding roads, breathtaking (and possibly nauseating) views, and the slow, creeping awareness that you're about to be really high up.
  • Afternoon: Arrive at Floret Resort. Check-in, which will probably involve me fumbling with my bags, accidentally dropping something embarrassingly, and desperately hoping the room has a working heater. First impressions of the resort… well, I fully intend to channel my inner travel blogger and report honestly.
  • Evening: Dinner at Floret's restaurant. This is where things get interesting, and by "interesting" I mean the potential for digestive distress. I'm a sucker for local food, so I'm already eyeing the Thukpa. But I also know my stomach is sensitive. Decisions, decisions! And altitude sickness? Already feeling a slight headache. Going to pop some Diamox (prophylactic for altitude sickness) and cross my fingers. Maybe a nice cup of ginger tea? Gotta hydrate! And pray. Lots of prayers.
  • Quirky Observation: Why is it always the fancy hotels that have the worst Wi-Fi? I'm anticipating the constant search for a decent signal so I can update my Instagram stories.

Day 2: Yumthang Valley - The Valley of Flowers (and a Potential Meltdown)

  • Morning: Absolutely must wake up early. This is the day for Yumthang Valley. The famous valley of flowers! The plan is to leave early to avoid the crowds. The real plan? To convince myself I'm not going to throw up on the winding roads to get there. The roads apparently are in a horrible condition!
  • Early Morning: The drive to Yumthang. More winding roads, more stunning views. Try to inhale the fresh air (if you can) and not focus on the potential for altitude sickness. Stop at the local Hot Spring. I'm hoping it helps with the cold.
  • Afternoon: Arrive at Yumthang Valley. This better freakin' be worth it. (I'm already picturing the photos… lush meadows, snow-capped mountains, me looking vaguely like I'm about to pass out.) Hike around the valley. Try to make friends with any yaks. Take a million photos.
  • Afternoon/Evening: On the way back from Yumthang valley. The drive back could potentially be more difficult. The road is difficult, but the view is amazing. Prepare for more jaw-dropping scenery and maybe, just maybe, a mild existential crisis about the meaning of life.
  • Emotional Reaction: This will either be the most beautiful day of my life, or I will need oxygen. I am prepared for either outcome.
  • Messy Detail: I fully expect to purchase a ridiculously oversized yak wool hat. Don't judge. Altitude makes you do strange things.
  • Dinner: Again, more local food. More prayers.

Day 3: Lachung Monastery, and Local Interactions (aka, Attempting to Adult)

  • Morning: Visit the Lachung Monastery. Marvel at the beauty, try to be respectful (I'm notoriously bad at this), and maybe light a butter lamp. I'm secretly hoping for some spiritual enlightenment, but I'll settle for not offending anyone. Then, some free time to explore Lachung village.
  • Afternoon: Interact with locals. If I'm feeling brave, I'll attempt to haggle for a souvenir. I'm terrible at this. I'll probably end up overpaying and then feeling guilty about it for the rest of the trip.
  • Evening: Relax at the resort. This is when I'll try to catch up on sleep, write in my journal (if I can find it), and attempt to make sense of everything I've seen and experienced.
  • Emotional Reaction: I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm getting more than I bargained for, in a good way. This trip is proving to be more of an adventure, even if it's also a challenge!

Day 4: Back to the Real World (or at Least, a Really Long Drive)

  • Morning: Depart from Floret Resort. The long drive back to Bagdogra begins. The emotions will be mixed. Sad to leave, happy to be heading back to civilization (and, you know, oxygen), or maybe a little bit of both.
  • Afternoon: The rest of the day will be spent in the car, with more breathtaking views, more winding roads, and the constant question of if the bathroom stops are going to be clean.
  • Evening: Arrive at Bagdogra Airport. Hopefully, the flight back will be smooth. The final farewell to the mountains, with a promise to return… someday.
  • Food: I'll be craving a greasy burger. And a nap. A long, long nap.
  • Quirky Observation: Will I actually use those yak wool socks? Or will they end up sitting in a drawer, judging me for my impulsive purchase?
  • Strong Emotional Reaction: I'll probably cry. I'm a sap. Happy tears, sad tears, who even knows anymore? This trip will be unforgettable, even with the altitude sickness, the questionable food, and the potential for a complete meltdown.

Imperfections and Caveats:

  • Altitude Sickness: This is a major concern. I'm bringing medication, but I'm also prepared to take it easy, hydrate like a camel, and listen to my body.
  • Food Safety: Eating local food is part of the experience, but I'll be careful. Avoiding street food (probably) and sticking to places with good reviews.
  • Weather: The Himalayas are unpredictable. I'm prepared for rain, snow, and sunshine!
  • Technology: I know the Wi-Fi at Floret will be spotty. I'll embrace the digital detox and try to be present in the moment. (Yeah, right.)
  • Everything Else: This itinerary is a suggestion, a guideline, a hopeful prayer. The reality will probably be much messier, more chaotic, and infinitely more memorable.

So there you have it! My highly unprofessional, utterly honest, and hopefully hilarious plan for surviving (and hopefully enjoying) a trip to Floret Resort, Lachung. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it. And if you see me on the side of the road, clutching my chest and gasping for air, please offer me a cup of tea. And maybe some oxygen.

Unbelievable Fieschertal Paradise: Garden Getaway in the Swiss Alps!

Book Now

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

Okay, so... FLORET Resort. Worth the trek to Lachung even *without* perfect Insta-lighting?

Alright, let's be real. Lachung? It's not exactly on the way to the grocery store. You're committed. And FLORET specifically? Yeah, it's worth it. Mostly. Look, I'm a sucker for a good view, which they *absolutely* have – think panoramic Himalayan hug. The crisp air hits different when you're staring at snow-capped peaks. But, and this is a BIG but, the journey itself... Let's just say my stomach and I had a *deep* conversation on the way up. Remember that awful bus ride in Nepal? Yeah, worse. Roads are… challenging. Pack Dramamine, pepto, and a sense of humor. You'll need all three.

The rooms. Are we talking 'Himalayan Rustic Chic' or 'That Old B&B Grandma Refused to Update'?

Oh, the rooms! Right. They *try* for Himalayan Rustic Chic. Think wood paneling that smells vaguely of pine, comfortable beds (thank GOD), and a fireplace that, let's be honest, probably hasn’t seen action in a while, but *looks* cozy. But...and there’s always a but, isn't there? The bathroom. It’s functional. It *works*. The shower is a crapshoot – sometimes hot, sometimes barely lukewarm. My friend, Sarah, she *screamed* the first time she ran out of hot water. Actually, she did. Full-on, piercing scream. I wouldn't *guarantee* hot water, but the view from your window? Absolutely worth it. Maybe a little too much wood though.

Food. Gotta know. Is it all "Dal Bhat" and regret or are there actual edible options?

Okay, the food. Brace yourself. Firstly, yes, *Dal Bhat* is a significant presence. It's kind of the currency of the region. You *will* eat it. You *will* probably love it (eventually, after you've adjusted your tastebuds to the local palate). FLORET’s restaurant? It's surprisingly decent. They make a mean *momos* (just be prepared to wait a while...everything seems to move at a "Himalayan pace"). Also, they had this *thukpa* – noodle soup – that I became *obsessed* with. Seriously. I ordered it every single day. There were some questionable moments, like a very…*interesting*… beef dish where I'm pretty sure the cow knew me personally, but overall, not terrible. Just don't go expecting Michelin stars. Expect sustenance, and embrace the local flavors. And their breakfast? The egg dishes were a lifesaver after the previous night's…beef. And coffee? Strong enough to kickstart a yak.

Activities? What is there to *do* besides stare at mountains and contemplate the meaning of life (although, I'm not against that...)?

Okay, so the activities. Staring at mountains IS a significant activity. And very fulfilling. Seriously. But, there’s more! There's the Yumthang Valley – which is absolutely stunning (and ridiculously crowded with tourists, but still gorgeous). Go early, or be prepared to elbow your way to a decent photo. There's a hot spring – bring a towel. It smells vaguely of sulfur, but it's warm and relaxing. There're local monasteries. A bit of hiking. You can wander around the town (Lachung is *tiny* – and I mean *tiny*). Honestly, most of the “activities” revolve around admiring the scenery. Which, again, is *fantastic*. I spent one afternoon just sitting on the balcony, watching the clouds roll in and out… that was probably my favorite thing. I swear I could feel my blood pressure dropping. The other activities? Meh. Most options are tours that seem overpriced. Just let yourself be. You have permission to be lazy, to just *be*. You’ll be glad you were.

The Staff? Are they friendly? Helpful? Or just...present?

The staff. Hmm. Okay, so “present” is a good start. They’re… there. Some are incredibly friendly and go above and beyond. Others… well, let’s just say communication can be a challenge. English isn't really their forte. The hotel manager was fantastic, always smiling and apologetic about the hot water situation. The cleaning staff were lovely. One morning, I left my shoes outside, and they'd polished them to a mirror shine. Totally unexpected, and made me feel absurdly happy. But sometimes, you feel like you’re communicating with mime artists. So, patience is a virtue. Be nice. Smile. And learn a few basic phrases in Hindi. It goes a long way. They're not trying to be unhelpful, it's just a very different way of life. You'll appreciate the kindness.

Okay, but the *VIBE*. Is it all couples holding hands, or is there room for a solo traveller who just wants to escape society for a few days?

Okay, the *vibe*. That's the big question, isn't it? FLORET is…relaxing. It's not a party place. It's not a place for wild nights. It's a place to *unwind*. I went solo and it was PERFECT. There were couples, yes. Families. but at the heart of this is a place of serenity, to remove oneself from distractions. I spent a lot of time just… breathing. The air is so clean, it's almost intoxicating. The staff are good at letting you have your space. You'll be fine on your own. Sit in the common area, read a book, and nobody will bother you. In fact, I was almost completely left alone…which I loved. It's a place to be introspective. To disconnect. *To actually look at the stars at night.* It's not a luxury hotel. It's an escape. Don't expect a concierge and room service (though housekeeping was prompt). Expect a quiet retreat - a peaceful spot in the mountains. You will most likely find that. Absolutely.

Worst part? Like, what should I be prepared for that the brochure *won't* tell me?

Worst part? Okay, where do I *begin*? Okay, The roads. I've said it before, but seriously, the roads. They are *horrendous*. Think roller coaster designed by a sadist. Motion sickness is a real threat. Pack layers. The mountains can be brutally cold. And while I was there, the internet situation was… patchy, to say the least. Like, dial-up internet levels of slow. So, if you're reliant on being connected – forget it. Embrace the digital detox. The electricity can go out at any time. And the worst part? The journey *back*. Hotels In Asia Search

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India

FLORET RESORT LACHUNG Lachung India